Patent Term Adjustments
Filing Of A Patent Application Based On Delays
Patent term adjustment (PTA) is a process carried out by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for adding day-for-day credits to the normal twenty year term from filing of a patent application based on delays in prosecution at the USPTO.
We assist attorneys in law firms and our Fortune 500 clients increase revenues by adding days, weeks, or even months to the term of the patent. We find a systematic review surfaces significant errors which may impact tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars by affecting the term of the patent.
MaxVal offers a systematic review of the USPTO’s PTA calculation, which often results in increased PTA.
Request A Call Back
Patent Term Adjustment Services
PTA calculations – We review all of the events in prosecution to determine the correct PTA. A report is provided detailing our calculation and comparing it to the PTO’s calculation.
Drafting petitions – Optionally we can draft petitions for Patent Term Adjustment if additional PTA is found.
WE CAN SHARE YOUR WORKLOAD
- We are experts on Patent Term Adjustment
- We get you additional term by finding errors
- Our audit team is trained and monitored by patent attorneys
- We use proprietary processes using both electronic and human review developed in working with patent attorneys and clients
- Our attorneys monitor court cases, statutes, and regulations for changes affecting PTA which the USPTO is often slow to implement
- Cost effective
- Fast and accurate
What do we need from you?
- Technology or product description.
- A clear definition of the features or sub-components that require clearance.
- Novel structure, compounds and/or compositions.
- Scope of the search.
- List of known competitors practicing in that area of technology (if possible).