Clean Technology & Renewable
The development of alternative energy sources has become an extremely important worldwide. Drive to innovate in the field of alternative energy originally stemmed from desires to reduce a dependency on oil, but many technologies are also being developed in order to reduce negative environmental impacts.
Regardless of the motivation, alternative energy technologies have become increasingly valuable, and acquiring protection for your alternative energy innovations is of the utmost importance. IIPTA will counsel you on all issues regarding the protection of your alternative energy innovations.
The USPTO has long recognized the importance of alternative energy and green technologies, even allowing expedited prosecution for certain innovations in the field. Further, these technologies are valuable and patentable worldwide. Notably, Japan was one of the many countries to enter the field of alternative energy early, and the Japanese Patent Office has seen strong patenting activity relating to solar power and to hydrogen and fuel cell technologies. Similarly, the European Patent Office has received a large number of applications for wind and solar energy patent applications in recent years.
IIPTA works with a broad range of alternative energy technologies and clean energy.
Request A Call Back
Exemplary Technologies Include:
- Agricultural technologies, such as bio-based materials, farm efficiency methods and technologies, and new pesticides.
- Natural energy technologies, such as advancements in geothermal technologies, hydrogen technologies, solar technologies, oil and hybrid technologies, as well as nuclear and electric technologies including microturbine technologies, photovoltaic technologies, and ultracapacitor technologies.
- Manufacturing technologies, such as advancements in packaging, emissions, sensors, carbon trading and sequestration, and smart construction
- Transportation and Smart Grid technologies, such as advancements in energy storage, smart meters, infrastructure, batteries, electro-propulsion, fuel cells, Stirling engines and super conduction.
What do we need from you?
- Your broad range of alternative energy technologies.
- A clear definition of the features or sub-components that require clearance.
- Scope of the search.
- Your own invention disclosure document.