Here I am going to share the testimonial of PARVATHI CHANDRAN, who had undergone Post Graduate Diploma in Patent Law and Management from IIPTA.
Parvathi has an engineering degree in Biotechnology and a Masters by research degree in Synthetic Biology from Universite Paris Saclay. She has a cumulative experience of three years of research and development in Biosystems science and engineering across four countries. She is a biotechnology enthusiast and her interests lie in transnational technologies in biology that can impact human health and longevity.
The classroom program on Patents and Trademarks from IIPTA in Mumbai allowed her to understand how patent processes work and how technologies are patented. She found this very helpful as in the field of biology, technologies are developed routinely and intellectual property assets such as patents and trademarks are highly crucial to commercialize bio-technologies.
- Strong knowledge of intellectual property laws including Biological Patenting guidelines and Indian Patent Act, 1970, Patent drafting and Patent searching.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a team or independently
- Proficient in all aspects of internet and Microsoft office
- Good knowledge of various databases searches like NCBI, Science direct, Pub-med.